03 Nov Government updates on the new national restrictions
Please see today’s COVID-19 updates which cover the new national restrictions which come into place on Thursday 5 November and the extension of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme through to December, also known as the furlough scheme. National Restrictions from Thursday 5 November On Saturday the Prime Minister gave a speech and tweeted that everyone must stay at home, and may leave only for a limited set of reasons.These include:
- For education;
- For work, if you cannot work from home;
- For exercise and recreation outdoors, with your household, support bubble or on your own with one person from another household;
- For all medical reasons, appointments and to escape injury or harm;
- To shop for food and essentials;
- And to provide care for vulnerable people, or as a volunteer.
Non-essential shops, leisure and entertainment venues will be closed. Click and collect services can continue and essential shops, including supermarkets, will remain open. Pubs, bars, restaurants must close, except for takeaway and delivery services.
A tweet about the new restrictions can be seen here: https://twitter.com/HMGNorth/status/1323174726701895681
Extension of the Coronavirus Job Retention SchemeThe Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, also known as the furlough scheme, will remain open until December, with employees receiving 80% of their current salary for hours not worked, up to a maximum of £2,500.